Friday, July 02, 2010

Reflections And Renovations

PWANG!

I've literally spent the last hour reading over my old blogs ... both before and after my pattern of emotional vomitting on a continual basis ... and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. Plenty of good goes on in my life along WITH the bad and that, too, needs to be chronicled. I'm tired of this blog seeming to only be a place where I come to chuck a bucket full of emotional garbage before going off on my merry way again.

That said ... from here on out--REGARDLESS of the contents of the journal--"Pwang!" and "The Daily News, Damnit!" are here to stay! So without further adieu...

- - - - - - - - - -

THE DAILY NEWS, DAMNIT!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Is This Ship Ever Leavin' Port, People?!

To all those not in the know, I now work as a product demonstrator for a pet food company called Blue Buffalo at PetSmart, PetCo, and Pet Supermarket locations. VERY part-time weekend gig, nothing special. Since I started, I was only pulling in 1 shift a week, under the idea that in the very near future, I'd be getting more. Literally days before my trip to Pittsburgh for AC, I get told by my manager that I've been approved for 2 more shifts for my weekends, effective immediately upon my return. Great! Only ... iiiiiit's been a week now of playing text/email/voicemail tag ... aaaaand I have yet to get a schedule for said new shifts. Aaaaand it's now officially supposed to be Day 1 of the new weekend schedule. So, like ... where the fuck are my shifts? This woman is VERY difficult to get ahold of and sucks VERY hard at keeping me informed ... but up until now, she's at least EVENTUALLY gotten me the info I needed, PRIOR to needing it. Now it's starting to look like I'm already gonna miss the first of my new shifts, because I sure as shit can't imagine her letting me know the very MORNING I'm due to go in. She fuckin' better not. All the same, the simple truth remains that I'm still on call for something that should have already been written up and decided DAYS ago.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ain't Nuttin' But A Bearwolf ... Artin' All The Time...

In other news, HOLY SHIT COMMISSIONS! In particular, one smallish project (a ref sheet for a friend of mine) and a rather LARGE and lucrative group piece (I won't divulge actual figures here, but let's just say it'll cover a sizable portion of the partial fursuit I'm saving up for). The former is still being worked on, and the latter me and my friend are still collecting character references for ... 28 furs in all, holy hell. @_@ It'll be one damn impressive portfolio piece when it's finally completed, though!

- - - - - - - - - -

No Warranty On Damaged Merchandise

Recovery from my ... trauma, detailed on my previous FA journals, is still a slow and patient work in progress. I'm happy to report that during the entire trip, I didn't have a SINGLE flashback or emotional attack. I have, however, unfortunately had a few over the past 2 days, but I expected that to happen eventually. No reprieve can ever REALLY last forever, after all. For now, all that can really be done is to continue to tackle this one day at a time with patience and compassion towards myself. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was a wounded psyche mended. I AM getting better, though, and that in and of itself is a victory in my eyes. So I'll take that and run with it.

- - - - - - - - - -

And so ends a long-overdue installment of...

- - - - - - - - - -

THE DAILY NEWS, DAMNIT!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

Tune in next time for more who knows WHAT the fuck. Maaaaaybe something good ... maaaaaybe something bad! I guess we'll never know!

-- Synhowl, Your Local Big-Mouthed Bearwolf
______________________________________
Current Mood: pensive
Current Music:
Lady Gaga - Paparazzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home